Ways To Live Forever: An LLS Movie Premiere
World Wide Motion Pictures Corporation, Minnesota Oncology, and The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society present
Ways To Live Forever
Join us in recognition of World Cancer Day on Tuesday, February 4th for a night at the movies with LLS! Popcorn in plenty, LLS t-shirts and swag for sale at the door, cash bar open to adults, movie introduction by Dr. Steven Rousey from MN Oncology, and all ticket proceeds going towards groundbreaking research and patient assistance-- what better way to spend a Tuesday night?
- $10 advanced tickets online, $15 tickets at the door (Limited seats available so buy now!)
- TO PURCHASE: Simply click "Donate" here on this page--$10 per ticket you would like to reserve. When prompted on the "Thank You" page, please print out your receipt if you desire. We will also have a list at the door of all purchases made so no worries if printing is not possible.
- Location: The Woman's Club of Minneapolis: 410 Oak Grove Street, Minneapolis, MN 55403
- DIRECTIONS & PARKING: The Woman's Club of Minneapolis is located one block south of Loring Park, on the east side of Hennepin Ave. There are two parking lots on Oak Grove St. dedicated to its guests, one next to the club and the other is east and across the street. Guests may use either lot until midnight. Street parking is also available around Loring Park or on Oak Grove St.
- 6:00 pm-- Doors open & cash bar open
- 7:00 pm-- Introduction by General Manager of The Woman's Club of Minneapolis and Dr. Rousey, with movie beginning directly after
- Run Time: 95 min.
- Rating: PG-13
- Synopsis: Like most inquisitive boys, 12-year old Sam wants to know about UFOs, horror movies, ghosts, and girls. Sam also has leukemia, and although the adults in his life don’t want him to dwell on it, Sam wants to know everything about his disease and death, a possibility he might face. Together with his best friend, Felix, he embarks on a "scientific investigation" with questions, observations, evidence, reflections, and lists of all the things he wants to do someday -- like breaking a world record, flying in a blimp, kissing a girl for the first time, and experiencing what it’s like to be a teenager. In this poignant yet ultimately uplifting tale, Sam and his family face the immensity of an uncertain future with love, humor, and a touch of the unexpected.
Starring Robbie Kay (ABC's Once Upon A Time, Peter Pan), Ben Chaplin (The Truth About Cats and Dogs, The Thin Red Line, The Remains of the Day), and Greta Scacchi (The Player, Emma, Jefferson in Paris).
|Number of pledges received:||49|
|Number of page visits:||3262|
|Days since event:||33|